In accordance with our Terms of Service, members are required to abide by the following rulesFor clarification on how we address rule violations, please see How do I get banned?
1. Non-hunting, non-fishing, non-outdoor political discussion is prohibited.There are many different people here with many different opinions, ideologies, and viewpoints. Like religion, discussing these issues here is likely to offend others or cause division within the community. We need to focus on the topic that brings us together, not issues that are all but certain to divide us. This rule applies to the site in its entirety.
2. Personal attacks are prohibited.Personal attacks include, but are not limited to:
- Racial, sexist, homophobic, trans-phobic, ageist, religious, political, ethnic, national, sexual, or other epithets (such as against people with disabilities) directed against another member, or against a group of members. Disagreement over what constitutes a religion, race, sexual orientation, or ethnicity is not a legitimate excuse.
- Using someone's affiliations as an ad hominem means of dismissing or discrediting their views—regardless of whether said affiliations are mainstream. An example could be "you're a vegetarian, so what would you know about hunting?".
- Linking to external attacks, harassment, or other material, for the purpose of attacking another member.
- Comparing members to Nazis, dictators, or other infamous persons.
- Accusations about personal behavior. If you believe a person's personal behavior is questionable, on or off the site, please contact a moderator.
- Threats, including, but not limited to:
- Threats of legal action.
- Threats of violence or other off-site action (particularly death threats).
- Threats of physical or electronic vandalism.
- Threats or actions which deliberately expose other members to political, religious or other persecution by government, their employer or any others.
- Threats to out (give out personal details about) another member.
These examples are not exhaustive. Insulting or disparaging another member is a personal attack regardless of the manner in which it is done.
3. Trolling is prohibited.Trolling is defined as causing discord by starting arguments or upsetting people, by posting inflammatory, extraneous, or off-topic messages, either accidentally or with the deliberate intent of provoking others into an emotional response, or of otherwise disrupting normal on-topic discussion.
4. Flaming is prohibited.Also known as bashing, flaming is defined as hostile and insulting interaction between members, often involving the use of profanity.
5. Spamming is prohibited.Spam consists of posts or unsolicited messages that contain advertisements, links to malicious websites, and abusive or otherwise unwanted information.
6. Inappropriate language and conversation is prohibited.This community is open to all ages, and every member is responsible for helping us maintain a family-friendly image. This includes swear words, innuendos, etc. whether they're spelled outright or designed to avoid the inappropriate language filter (such as d$#@!). Everything posted on this website reflects back on each and every one of us gun owners.
7. Distasteful material is prohibited.Distasteful material is material found to be objectionable because it is in poor taste, inappropriate, or unethical.
8. Use of this site to promote commercial activities, products, services without a Supporting Vendor membership is prohibited.To cover costs associated with operation and maintenance, this site relies on support from members and advertisers. Without this financial support, this site would not exist. Our Supporting Vendors are reasonable to expect their competitors are not getting the same benefits without cost. This rule also includes non-business members repeatedly using the classifieds to turn a profit (for example, buying cheap ammunition at Wal-Mart then reselling at higher prices). If you're interested in becoming a Supporting Vendor please use our Contact Us link at the bottom of the page.
9. The creation or use of more than one account is prohibited.No member is to create or use more than one account, for any reason. No member is allowed to use the account of another member for any purpose.
10. Discussing infractions or issues with staff members in the open forum is prohibited.If you have a problem with a staff member or an infraction please use the Contact Us link at the bottom of the page to send us a message. We will review these submissions as soon as possible.
11. Religious discussion and material is prohibited.Everyone has their own beliefs, whether they be extremely devout or believe in nothing at all. This community welcomes everyone, no matter their beliefs. Since this topic has very little to do with firearms and a great potential to offend others, it's best that we leave it alone.
12. Misuse of the classified section is prohibited.All members are required to follow these classified rules.
No thread-crapping.Thread-crapping occurs when a member posts negative comments in another members classified ad. If you believe there is a problem with the ad either start a conversation with the seller or report the post for moderation.
Members must comply with local, state, and federal laws at all times.It is up to individual members to comply with all laws at all times. Please remember, it is never legal to sell firearms across state lines without the involvement of an FFL.
All want to sell ads are required to have a price.We require all want to sell ads have the price of the item clearly stated. Auction style listings are not allowed.
Follow through once you commit to a purchase, sale, or trade.Once you commit to a deal you should do your best to follow through. Members who flake on deals will likely receive negative feedback, which will not be removed.
Ads are to be posted only in the classified section of the site.Do not post ads anywhere except the proper classified section.
Ads must have the correct prefix.Classified prefixes contain vital information, such as the intention of the seller and the location of the item.
Ads with different types of items (pistols, rifles, shotguns, parts, ammo) should be split and put into their respective forums.If you have a pistol and a rifle for sale, create two separate ads, one in the pistol section and one in the rifle section.
Once your item is sold, traded, or you have found what you are looking to purchase, you are required to lock your ad.When a member locks their ad it lets others know it is no longer active. Click here for instructions on how to close your ad.
If you have a question regarding what you should buy, the value of the item, etc. you should post the question in the appropriate section, not within a classified ad.The classified section is not the appropriate place for item discussion. Instead, create a new thread in the appropriate discussion section.
Creation of two or more ads for the same item is prohibited.No member is to have more than one ad for the same item at the same time.
Creation fake ads is prohibited.No member is to post an ad for an item they do not actually have for sale or are looking to buy.
If you close an ad and decide to re-post the item, you must wait 7 days.Closing an ad then re-posting the item within 7 days is prohibited. Members may re-open closed classified ads.
All group buys must be approved by the staff before being posted.No member or Supporting Vendor is to start a group buy without express permission from Joe Link.
No member may post items in the Great Deals section which they are selling themselves.This section is intended for deal alerts & discussion of third party sales only.
Rules last updated 12-30-2014