Vancouver Lake Trout?

Discussion in 'General Fishing Talk' started by Joe13, May 1, 2015.

1. Joe13

Joe13 New Member

Howdy,

I am just getting back into fishing after a 25 year break (with the occasional ocean trip here and there).

What's good to fish for in Vancouver lake or even maybe the Columbia or tributary (klineline seems to suck).

What would be a good bait setup for those places (they are closer to home then ridgfield or washougal); I look at the wall of tackle and have the basics but I'm not really sure if I should buy rooster tails or spinners or just stick too worms and marshmallows.

I have a 12-25lb rod with 15lb braided line on a spinning reel currently.

Any help or direction that will help me land a fish or maybe even two would be really nice.

Thanks fellas,

Joe

2. oknow

oknow Member

3. Joe13

Joe13 New Member

@oknow

Yup, I've learned an aweful lot from reading and watching videos on that site these last few weeks, as well as spent many hours watching fishing instructional videos on YouTube on anything that pertained to the type of fishing I am looking for.

So I am not blindly fumbling on the shore with my gear but I do not have any friends that currently fish that could impart some wisdom about the local fish, areas to try with higher success rates etc.; Nore are they interested in talking about things related to fishing for me to grab tidbits from.

In turning to this site searching for those things, I thought I'd also try and help this forum generate some more regular traffic; as well as post up something that might help some other newish anglers.